Tuesday 10 November 2009

PTA

I don't remember PTA being a casual thing when I was in school. My father met with my teachers four times a year, each time to collect my report card and not always a pleasant event. The one recurrent commment has been on attention span which I am still getting these days in my PMO at work (Oh! PMO = Performance Managerment Online, very high-tech in names but low-tech when it comes to the actual process....) and the other one is how once I labelled someone as "less adequate", I start to ignore that person...

Changunnie's school is all about "communication" and I've been to two PTAs so far and am about to have a long chat with the school sometime this month. It all started with a call from the school last Friday.

Changunnie is usually a very pleasant kid and for those of you who met her, she's not someone who is unreasonable. The teacher called up on Friday and said Changunnie is too dependent and seeks attention...blah blah blah.

To verify, each of us did a little role play with Changunnie in an attempt to put pieces back together. It sounded like like there's some issue with one particular teacher in her school. That lady is cold (even when we were at the PTAs) and I have a strong suspicion that she simply doesn't know how to communicate with Changunnie. Will see how it goes but I have a feeling that I will be the angry woman again!

No comments:

Post a Comment