Monday 16 November 2009

How to look 10 years younger without any Botox

An old colleague sent me an email this evening. He was my partner in crime when it came to marking stupid stuff in real work emails that we recieved. The email had three words only and it got me thinking, "having fun still?"

The honest answer is I'm having more and more fun outside of work and feeling exhausted at work. I can't really stop working because that's my means of paying for the fun things we do outside of work. Sadly, I am so institutionalized that I don't know what else I can do. I've been having lots of "what ifs" in my head but it's not easy to execute.

I still remember the day I met up with my partner in crime for lunch 3 months after he escaped from the zoo. I walked into the restaurant and walked right past him. I responded to a tap on my shoulder and there he was, looking happy, healthy, glowing and ten years younger!

I want that too. I want to be in good enough physical and mental shape to hang out with Changunnie. Having to deal with animals that need Valium isn't really helping.

I like making up songs for Changunnie and I actually enjoy building things. Baking makes me relax and cleaning is therapeutic. I am thinking of taking the test so that I can be a certified plumber and electrician. When will I be able to make the decision to move on?

No comments:

Post a Comment