Sunday 22 November 2009

International Men (and Women) of Confusion

Technology may make communication more available but it doesn't make it any easier. In fact, the lack of communication in terms of body language and facial expression over a teleconference creates lots of misunderstandings. If you want to complicate matters, make sure you organize a call with participants from America, Europe and Asia. Somehow, someone will tell you the only available time is 4am Hong Kong time. As if talking to people who are clueless about the other region isn't enough of a challenge, they want me to talk about how local regulations impact a structure when I'm half awake. And don't give me the half full half empty talk. No matter how you look at it, I'm just not my normal self at 4am!

Why am I so angry? Coz I've been "invited" to join a call at such unfriendly hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment