Sunday 22 February 2009

Spring is in the air, literally

I remember calling Spring "Jello Season" when I was young. Hong Kong is usually surrounded by really warm and humid air from the South China Sea in spring time. As you can imagine, the hills stop the humidity to diffuse to China. We ended up having really heavy fog for days. The air is so humid that I find it difficult to take a deep breath. Thus the term "Jello Season".

I woke up this morning and saw nothing outside of the windows. We live in the boonies by the country park and it was just like living on a movie set for something like "Lord of the Rings". Fresh air, yes. Heavy fog, also a yes. It was difficult to actually catch the bus this morning as I couldn't see which one was approaching. By the time when I could tell whether the bus was going to "Hang Hou" or "Sai Kung", it was too late for it to stop.

The sun is shy today (as Changunnie would say). Doesn't look like there will be any improvement any time soon. Maybe I should consider taking the bus home tonight. Should be safer that way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment