Tuesday 17 February 2009

Lesser Panda Lesser Human?


What's the brand name of the cigarette that our great leader Deng Xiao-Ping used to smoke? Panda!
Very business savvy Chinese merchants did not want to let go of such great marketing effort left behind by our great leader, another brand called Xiao Xiong Mao (小熊猫) was created. And I located a pack today in Beijing. The name in English is "Lesser Panda". Hmm.......
The great leader smoked Panda, ordinary people smoke Lesser Panda. So, leaders are human and ordinary people are lesser human? Or should it be the other way round considering the performance of lots of the leaders at workplaces (big fat CASH bonus!) and in the government (at least in HK. I do not agree with most of the stuff that supposedly came from the mouth of our senior officials)
It has been a long time since I laughed so hard and the picture shows the wonderful pack to prove I did not make the story up and for you to see the snow (No! It's not dirt on the windshield!)
It is snowing in Beijing today. It's the first snow in the city this winter and it is unexpectedly peaceful and nice. I spent 5 mintues standing in the snow this morning. The staff at the hotel probably thought I were crazy. I checked the wrong weather forecast and wore a summer suit for Beijing. The only warm piece of clothing I have is my Patagonia fleece. Luckily, it is warm enough for someone with natural insulator like me but more importantly, I blend in well with the people of Beijing. Where is my hair band?

No comments:

Post a Comment