Friday 27 February 2009

Deal fatigue

The client finally signed on the dotted line after seven months of hard labour. Someone commented that it's like having a baby. As a mum, I can tell you that you get premium pain killer when you give birth but you get nothing when you go through the last stage of a deal.

I am still waiting for the true copies to come back to me (So far, I have seen the scans only and one paper which is much needed is nowhere to be seen) and I feel exhausted. I am happy that I am seeing the light of the other end of the tunnel. At the same time, I am a little lost. One thing I know for sure is that I am finally calming down from the adrenalin rush because my stomach is not as bloated as before. It was to an extent that gastrogel didn't do the magic.

There are couple other projects on my desk. They seem to be more complicated structurally, I doubt if the process will be as intense. It's been a while since I last studied the ISDA definitions oage by page and I did it for this transaction. Well well, I think I should award myself with a big bowl of instant noodle tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment