Saturday 21 February 2009

Closing a deal

This one started in June 2008. Whilst it is "standard" to work overnight as a janitor, the project from June 08 took more than that. It was excruciatingly painful on the documentation front (and the legal bill turned out, half way through the project, to be astronomical). The parties involved for some unknown reason was like a dysfunctional family. It was particularly unpleasant for me, the janitor. I had to clean crap for my side, the client and our partner. And mind you, I didn't get paid more because of the work load. In fact, was told off for "doing too much". The client put the deal on hold on my birthday in 2008, citing their need to reconsider the credit arrangement in light of the Financial Tsuinami. Oh, well! Life goes on.

Just when things at work were getting on track, the deal came back to live three weeks ago. We are now ready to sign the deal next week for closing by end of the week. I hope there's some closure to it. I will definitely lose it if we have to repeat Sept 08 again!

No comments:

Post a Comment