Tuesday 10 February 2009

Why I start this

It wasn't too long ago when I bought that black moleskine notebook to record my random thoughts for my baby. It was close to my due date when I walked into the book shop. It wasn't easy to walk around as my tummy was as big as having a 30 pounds watermelon strapped on my waist but I was determined.

Then, Changunnie was born and in a blink, she turned two last Friday. The notebook? I filled half of it. Perhaps it's easier to write online during lunch time and on my way home from work.

I am not qualified to say it is difficult to be a working mum as the grandparents look after Changunnie when I am at work. I don't need to rush Changunnie to daycare in the morning, no need to cancel meetings to pick her up again in the evening... It is, however, very difficult mentally to be away from my child. I stuck my face next to hers this morning and I got a "No thank you mummy!!" Hmm.... Mummy is not going to read Curious George tonight!

1 comment: