Monday 3 August 2009

You are important only when you are needed (to be blamed)

The week after my holiday in Korea wasn't pleasant. It was good to hang out with Changunnie but daddy and I both got hand foot and mouth disease towards mid week. According to the doctor, we were a bit too old for the disease as it's very common amongst young children. Strangely enough, Changunnie showed no symptoms so far. Hope she didn't get it. Anyway, the look of our doctor's face (we know him really well) was saying "Are you two the bubble-boy type?" So, we quarantined ourselves by staying away from Changunnie. The three days in the dungeon (what we call the study room on the ground floor) was awful. Ice cream diet was good at first and turned into a nightmare after a while. It was totally lonely to have food delivered to the room. I gotta be a law-abiding good citizen as I don't know how to deal with life in a jail cell!

Anyway, the HFM was bad but not as bad as having to do work whilst I was on Mandatory Time Away (i.e. cannot lead any work as a compliance policy). Helping out is fine but was told to fix things or someone else's screw up is my screw up!?! I absolutely hated it and not sure if I want to go back to work after my quarantine.

Changunnie is at the age when she's very attached to me. When I took her to school, everyone told me how much happier she was. She hung out with me the whole time and we had meaningful dialogue. She told me what she likes and dislikes. We made little pizza together. Those are moments that no amount of money can buy! Do I really want to miss that?

No comments:

Post a Comment