Tuesday 18 August 2009

Freeze it, baby, freeze it!

I guess biological clock is something that we cannot avoid. I spoke to couple of friends recently and the subject of freezing some eggs came up in each and every conversation. The egg we are talking about here is not your organic free range chicken egg or the cute little Japanese quail egg. We are talking about the egg that can eventually turn into a human baby.

What's my view on it? Well, my way of thinking is heavily biased because of my job. I think if the cost is not too high, a woman should freeze some eggs so that we have the option to use them in the future if we so choose.

The thing that got me thinking is why we even need to freeze our eggs. Of the three friends who is thinking of freezing, one is getting a divorce, one is happily married but getting old, one is single. The older we get, the harder it is to get pregnant and in the modern world, two of my friends are not sure if they can meet Mr Right when they are in their most productive years. So, the issue is where the heck is Mr Right?

I always prefer guys looking and acting like a man. I don't remember ever being attracted to anyone I met in Hong Kong. I think most of them are either shorter or thinner than me. The same goes for their maturity. Hanging out with guys of the same age group means I have to effectively look after a younger sibling. I am not a princess but I want to be able to talk to the other person as an equal.

Is it the parents, schools, the society? I don't know. Perhaps a combination of the above. Please please, can guys be more like men from all the stories of heroes we heard as a kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment