Thursday 26 March 2009

Credit & Debit

Where my reason, imagination or interest were not engaged, I would not or I could not learn. - Winston Churchill

Some of you might know that I have been avoiding anything to do with acounting all my life despite the fact that I have uncles who do that (and tax) for a living and my youngest niece is in the cadet programme in which one of the big accounting firms is paying for her tuition and a salary for her to complete her degree in accounting and law. I don't know whether it was a natural aversion (but I am not afraid of numbers or I would not have finished my own undergraduate study) or it was the rebellious side of me saying no to it. I finally have to deal with the subject head on...

Changes in the market means I have to learn new tricks to remain employable. Accounting and Tax is the theme at work and I am not able to balance a balance sheet.

Fortunately, a colleague in London was assigned the task to teach me during his Asia visit. His description of our course was IAS at 100 miles/hour. It wasn't easy but with someone who actually understands accounting, it starts to make sense now. This weekend will be study time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment