Sunday 8 March 2009

I don't like mummy!

It was a normal day at home yesterday until bed time. Changunnie insisted on having daddy to read to her and they had a late snack together. (Her pronunciation of Croissant was amazingly french! Should put a lock on the cable box. She's the one who watches more T&L, Food Channel than I do!!) When I was ready to step in to put Changunnie to sleep, she quickly took her daddy's hand and said "I don't like mummy!" As if she worried the effect may not be felt, she turned around and proclaimed her love for her daddy.

It wasn't too long ago when she had her second birthday and we are experiencing something brand new. She used to see me as the centre of her world. I had the word food written all over my face in the first few months of her life! Daddy used to mean someone fun to hang out with if you don't mind being dropped on your head or not getting your meal promptly. What happened overnight? She was still kissing and hugging me the night before!

Maybe it's nature's way to teach me about separation anxiety so that I will be more prepared when she goes to college. No matter what I say, I have a wicked feeling that I could be the stalker type mum, registering myself for classes at Changunnie's school and try to follow her around campus....

On a more positive note, it's finally my turn to nap on the weekend, to sleep early at night, squeeze in some fun things to do during the day. I haven't been to the cinema in a long time. I watch my movies on the plane (and so ended up watching the same thing at least twice). I haven't been to the spa in 3 years as I didn't go for any massage when I was pregnant for fear of having a premature delivery. What should I do this weekend? Maybe I can watch Slumdogs Millionaire at a cinema!!

No comments:

Post a Comment