Monday 26 October 2009

Home Sweet Home

I spent some quality time on the rooftop this weekend and my heart was filled with a sense of achievement that I think the last time I had such sweet emotion was when I was four; my brother was given the babysitting task that didn't rank to high on his list of priorities. He was penalized for putting me in the washig machine (and told me it was my private swimming pool) and a new scheme emerged to allow me to focus on something else other than hanging around him. He showed me how to calculate square root of any numbers without a calculator and he gave me couple random numbers to play with. And I did it. I cannot forget how great I felt when I handed him the paper.

Anyway, some of you may know that we had some serious leaking problem back in the Summer when weekends meant horrible weather with heavy rain. The contractor told us it would take 3 weeks but it dragged on the usual Hong Kong way and the waterproofing work only finished last week, after three months of drama. We got our rooftop and little garden back. My strawberry plants are now in four flower beds. If we get good harvest, we will be able to make our very own strawberry jam. I was happy when I was up on the rooftop. All that bitter bickering, the scheming when I dealt with the contractor all became worthwhile.

To celebrate, we even went out to buy the furnitures that we needed but never got around to buy since we bought our home last Spring. Things are finally falling in place and I can't see why I want to spend my weekends elsewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment