Saturday 3 October 2009

Common sense is not so common

Perhaps I am the one who doesn't know the rules of engagement of using the search engine.

Changunnie has been refusing to sleep in her cot for couple weeks now. As her mother, my head is still filled with images of her as an infant when she was born and she was the size of a thermo flask. Changunnie pulled me and the two of us sat inside of her cot and there was no space left. Ok, I got the message.

Simmons mattresses were on sale at the shop that we frequent and the shop gave out $100 voucher for every $1000 spending. Yes, I am a sucker of discount and voucher and if I need to spend the money anyway, why don't I max out the value of my money? So, we ordered the mattress for Changunnie. The bed at Simmons are very adult, we thought it should not be that difficult to buy the frame and so off we went.

It was the beginning of a nightmare. All the shops we went to only have ugly beds and so I tried my luck on the internet. Regardless of the key words I used, I couldn't get anything other than manufacturer and suppliers of furniture in China. Oh! That's exactly what I am looking for; bed made with recycling material of unknown origin and the paint they used isn't VOCC.

I am not sure what to do at this stage. I sent emails to three custom-made furniture shop. Why is it so difficult to get decent looking wooden furniture which are safe for children at a reasonable price? I am serious about it, I found designer highchair, princess castle but there was no decent bed! I thought we spend 1/3 of our time in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment