Wednesday 14 October 2009

Cannot sleep

Don't you hate it when you have to take the first flight in the morning for work? I am taking the 8am flight which means I need to leave home by 6:30 in the morning and be up by 5:30 as I haven't packed yet and am avoiding it. It's between 10/20C in Beijing right now. HK is 22/30C. It's a bit of a pain in the butt to dress right. The above is not important. It's 4:30 now and I cannot sleep.

You probably will say I asked for it. I could have taken the last flight out last night and spend the night in Beijing but why would I want to do that? I don't get to see Changunnie that much during the week and I try to spend at least an hour or so with her in the morning and in the evening. Knowing I would be gone, I went home a little earlier than usual yesterday and made it back just in time to have dinner with her. I told her that I would be gone for 2 days and she threw herself to me and said "Mummy, don't go back to the office" with her arms wrapped around me. I looked at her face and wanted to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment