Sunday 27 December 2009

Top Gear - my must watch show

For those who live in the US, Top Gear is a car show produced by the BBC. Lots of female dislike it and couple female columnists are very critical about the three hosts of the show. Political correctness doesn't exist in the show. The three hosts are kids trapped in an adult's body but they are very articulate about what the like: cars.

Why do I like it? They talk about cars without getting too much into the technical details in a boring way. They do crazy stunts that I would love to try but can't afford to do so. The political incorrectness puts a big smile on my face. It's funny beyond description. In a way, it's like why I like watching Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I guess what I really want to ask is how far can this political correctness go? I agree we should be considerate. I totally disagree with racism. However, to a point when you have to talk about things in a clumsy way and leave people with excuses to sue each other? No wonder America is the land of millions of lawyers. Where's the good sense of humour that people used to have? I really cannot imagine a world without a good sense of humour.!

No comments:

Post a Comment