Tuesday 29 December 2009

I've found some talent in Changunnie

I think my daughter can either be a diver, a marathon runner, an opera singer or play the clarinet or flute.

Changunnie is going through this princess stage which I don't approve of. She has very specific view on her clothes and more importantly what role she has at home. She wore this really cute and cool outfit to ice skating yesterday. She picked a black long sleeves tee-shirt with pink trimmings around the collar, a pair of tights with colour stripes and a mid-night blue velvet skirt. Somehow, she decided that's her perfect outfit and would not take them off. We were supposed to go to the Peak with her cousin visiting from Seoul this afternoon. Changunnie was all happy until we asked her to change into some clean clothes. The crying started and she would not stop. In fact, I'm sitting outside of her room right now whilst she's crying her eyes out in her room. It's been an hour and there's no sign of stopping.

Changunnie has to learn her boundary and discipline. Her piercing screams of "mummy mummy" hurts a lot but I am not going to give in till she's calm and willing to say "I'm sorry"

It sounds cruel for now but it's only good for her. Changunnie, mummy is doing it to you because I love you!

====25 minutes later after the original posting====

Changunnie came out of her room saying "Mummy, I am not crying now." When asked whether we can change into clean clothes, she took her the clothes herself. It's heartbreaking but I think it's the right thing to do.

1 comment:

  1. Good on 'ya, mate!
    I completely agree with your philosophy of disciplining kids while they are young. I've seen so many friends spoil their kids rotten and the result is disastrous. Sometimes I wanna go and slap their kids, but can't... None of my business anyway.

    ReplyDelete