Thursday 24 December 2009

Parallel processing

I have a habit of reading or writing about something completely unrelated when I'm on those never ending pointless conference call. I manage to do that and comment/answer questions. Thought I was pretty good at parallel processing until today, I met the master who happens to be my own daughter.

We went to Grandma and Grandpa's church's Christmas gathering today. It started with dinner (Korean church style buffet), followed by a very short service and then shows. We knew that Changunnie had to wear the pink frilly dress that her Sunday school prepares and a white top but we weren't sure what Changunnie was supposed to perform. The toddler class was the second group to go. We took Changunnie to the stage ( parents are required to go with them). The teacher started playing songs that the children sing every week and the children were supposed to follow the dance move.

Changunnie was in the front row and I was prepared to hold her hands from behind to do the moves. Changunnie has never once paid any attention in her Sunday school class. She either paces around and occasionally leaves the room or she clings to my back and talks to me as if we are alone at home.

Music started and Changunnie's classmates who are usually very good in class started to have stage fright. Then one little voice started to sing and did all the dance move and it was Changunnie! She did so well that it was a surprise.

On the way back to the parking lot, we asked Changunnie to sing the song for us again and she said "I only know Jingle Bell."

When did she learn the songs and dance? I don't know and the only explanation is she has mastered the art of parallel processing. Well, looks like I will have lots of meeting with her teachers as she moves on in school....

No comments:

Post a Comment