Friday 4 September 2009

Mummy is the school Nazi!

It hasn't been an easy week for Changunnie. I think how we talked about school made school an undesirable place. She was perfectly fine to go to Tutortime and Kindermusik but now at Woodland... It's like for her to enact episode after episode of The Fugitive when we tried to get her to go to school or Prison Break when she's there. I couldn't stop myself from calling at 1 every day to see how she was and each day has been a report of crying and clinging onto either grandma or a teacher.

Grandma called today and reported some progress. Changunnie stayed in her class with a teacher in a corner all by themselves and she didn't cry for Grandma or Grandpa after the initial sobbing. Grandma tried to put her on the phone and she said pretty loudly and sternly "I'm mad!" and pushed the phone away. I went home with a box of pumpkin cookie that she likes. The moment she saw me, she said "don't look at me!"

When she saw my bag, she said " what do you hve for me?"

I decided to walk away with the bag and ignored her. I was angry, very angry. She might be young but that behaviour wasn't acceptable. She can call mummy a school Nazi but she has to learn that we have to do lots of things that we aren't 100% up for. Just like going to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment