Friday 3 July 2009

Being green is not as difficult as you think

Whilst I was struggling to get out of bed for work on Monday (My name isn't Linda Evangelista. It's the mere thought of being in dodoland was enough to stop me from leaving home, especially after a fun weekend with Changunnie), a thought came to my mind. I decided to see how much I could do to be greener.

Taking the bus and subway to work would be a good start. I carried my own linen shopping tote and rejected all plastic bags. Those are easy and I decided to take one step forward and spent 15 minutes at the pantry (and pretended to have a casual management talk with the team so that no one knows I am using company time for personal use!) My observation:

- Use the steel spoon instead of the wooden stick to mix your coffee/tea

- Leave the cups and spoons in the sink for the cleaning lady to clean. Saves more water and detergent than for each person to clean his/her own cup

- Pout just enough water into the cup. Lots of people have half of their distilled or mineral water in the cup when they leave the cup in the sink

- Use your own folk and spoon instead of the plastic ones

- Shake your hands after wash before reaching out for the napkin. Save at least two to three napkins each time. Better yet, carry your own hand kerchief

No comments:

Post a Comment