Thursday 2 April 2009

Only if I understand

The atmosphere in the office (and for that matter, in Central)has not been good. We constantly hear things like "realign ourselves to embrace the challenges presented to us under the extraordinary market conditions". Whatever that means, we are not having an easy time at work and the lack of certainty makes people very very irritatble.

Every week, we hear rumours of "restructuring". I accepted that as part of the package for getting paid the kind of money we do but having someone who I bluntly label as "Chief Dodo" joining my group?

Don't get me wrong, I believe that when God created people, He gave every one something special. However, people should be put in places where they can use that talent! Chief Dodo in my group?? Chief Dodo is a people person! Chief Dodo cannot even figure out if 1 + 1 is the same as 0.5 + 1.5!! What annoys me more is I hear that from people outside of the group, including the Chief Dodo.

I am starting to see diminishing importance in being able to repay the mortgage. The Chinese saying 士可殺,不可辱is the best way to describe how I feel. I would rather be killed than being insulted.

- If you treasure the value of a group, you don't dump people in that group because you cannot find another place to house that person

- Having someone like that with management sponsorship to remain employed means my opinion will never ever be heard by anyone

- Having someone who doesn't have complimentary skillset means I have more poop to clean

Calm down calm down! It's not too late to sign myself up for cooking school. I can learn a real skill and prepare good food for people I love and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment