Saturday 4 April 2009

Cheese cheese!

I walked into Caprice at the Four Seasons for my Friday Lunch Club meeting yesterday feeling pretty down and walked out feeling satisfied and very grateful.

It was my first time to lunch at Caprice. I had lots of reservation going to nice french restaurants in Central as there are lots of "to see and to be seen" going on. I think the quality of food is more important than the decor or the presentation (nice to have but it's not going to stop me from eating a stew! I guess that makes me one of David Fishman's folllower).

The food was good. I am not a big fan of lamb but the lamb shoulder pastilla with sweet harissa and young green herbs was actually my favourite dish from lunch. The distinct flavour of lamb was there and contrary to my usual reaction, it was very inviting. I finished everything and I mean everything including the gravy before my fellow lunch club members did.

My mood improved as we went through the courses. By the time the cheese arrived, I was already a very happy person. Then came the 4 year Comte. Let's just say I was very glad that I ate my cheese caveman style and was able to smell the cheese on my finger in the afternoon.

I wanted to share the cheese with my family and asked if I can buy 200g. Instead, Mr Cheese gave me a big wedge of Comte. I felt so indebt. I should visit the restaurant again for sure but I should also bring something homemade as a token of my appreciation.

1 comment: