Saturday 9 October 2010

I love couch potato

Not!

I'm really struggling if I should quit or continue working. There're pros and cons in both cases. I get a pretty decent income considering how much value I'm bringing to mankind. That number is infinity given it's positive over zero... I do enjoy my interaction with people outside of home and there's no need to use censored language at all time. I can even unleash some mean comments to adults who can take it once in a while. I also don't want daddy to take up the pressure of being the sole breadwinner at home. However, I don't get to spend time with the Changster during the week at all. She's still attached to me but I feel like a gap is widening. Also, I feel like the Changster is leading a double life and I need to correct that.

At school, she's her teachers' darling. She's the attentive one, always helpful and display a strong sense of discipline. At home though, she loves watching TV to a point she looks like a statue in front of the TV. She snacks a lot and even at night before bedtime and after brushing her teeth. I have to correct that every Saturday and Sunday night. That's not cool (using her vocabulary)

It's so difficult to discipline her when I'm not at home and I feel really bad telling everyone off. I am working hard but I feel like I don't have the wisdom of doing it right. Like tonighht, I told the Changster eating at night before bed would give her bad teeth and bad health over the long run. Plus, she should wait till breakfast since she had dinner. If she didn't have enough for dinner, she still had to wait because it's her choice of not finishing her food (I must say the food prepared by my maid isn't something I would eat either but when you are three, there's no choice!). Grandpa didn't say much but I knew he wanted to help her and the Changster knew that too as she kept looking his way.

What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment