Friday 14 May 2010

Road Rage

I've been driving around in Daddy's car since I got my license. The mechanical bit isn't difficult. Being able to respond to the crazy drivers on the road in HK is the tough part which I think requires special agent level driving skills to handle. And I mean the 007 played by Sean Connery when everything was under control and cool, not the clumsy one by Daniel Craig (even though I think he's not bad to look at)

Why do people hate signalling when they switch lane and why do they think they are driving a Smartfortwo when in fact their big arse cars can actually scratch mine when there's obviously no space for them to switch into my lane? I drive at around the speed limit and can follow the car ahead of me. Just because I have the probational "P" stuck on the window doesn't mean I do not know my rights or can be bullied. There are so many Stig wannabe on the street and they totally lack safe driving skill makes me wonder what is the standard of the driving test in Hong Kong.

Have I been angry when I am on the road? Not really. I have the entire family in the car and some of them sleep whenever I drive. I can't afford to get angry and chase after those crazy drivers. Plus, I am not breaking the law, they can only honk at me at best and I kinda enjoy annoying them. It's just not easy to drive in HK. Road rage? Their problem. Kekeke

No comments:

Post a Comment