Saturday 8 May 2010

Liberation!

It's been another long absence but this time it's not due to pain! I finally managed to leave the zoo for good and has been on holiday. The few things that I learnt / noticed through out the last three years in the zoo:

- Don't trust people with shifty eyes. Chances are they are really shifty in characters

- People who put on a big smile in front of you right after they stroll around the zoo screaming their heads off on the mobile? RUN! They want something and they probably want more than what you can offer

- If I am buying drinks on my own account, it means I want to drink with people I am friend with. No invitation means I don't consider them friends. The cost for me, they badmouth and spread untrue story. What puzzles me is it's not like we will enjoy each other's company at a drinks. Why do they want the freaking invite?

- The lack of decency is not something extraordinary in the zoo. In fact, it's the norm and don't get upset if you cannot find decency in some people.

- If you happen to be in a zoo, just being good at what you do won't get you far. You need to know how to entertain the people who matter. That includes drinking till 4am with people you cannot care less

What am I doing now? I am enjoying my time off to complete all the little projects I have in mind but got no time to execute in the past. I am attending a Korean course to get my certificate in Korean, I am finally cleaning up the storage room since we moved almost two years ago. Refiled all my bank, pension fund statement. Got my HK driver's license. Eating well and meeting friends. Life is great at the moment and I am quite happy to know that I will be back to work in mid July before I driver everyone at home crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment