Friday 14 May 2010

Ferrari Vs Station Wagon

Went to Changster's kindie orientation yesterday with Grandpa. We picked that kindie because it's in the boonies and so we don't need to wake up at 5:30 am every morning to send the Changster to her school bus to make it to school for 7:30am start. Whilst there is no guaranteed placement, being a Category 1 kindie candidate means Changster has a pretty high chance to make it the primary school of the same group. Also, we though people living in our boonies should be pretty diversed and we don't need to face the investment banking type....

How wrong we have been on the last point!

We parked our standard football mum car and the first thing I saw, or more accurately the first thing that BLINDED me was a white Ferrari. I was like who drives that in our boonies? Lots of cars, some pretty nice ones but most of the cars I have seen are station wagon or SUV. A Ferrari?

All along, I want Changster to hang out with kids from different background so that she can be see the world as it is. I do not know the owner of the white Ferrari and I have been telling myself not to stereotype people but going to school orientation, shouldn't the parents drive a not so flashy car? I assume that they went because their kid is attending that school in September and a Ferrari doesn't really have the third seat so there should be a "family" car.... Call me strange, call me stupid, but driving a Ferrari to kindie orientation is like driving a convertible with the top off on snow day!

The orientation lasted for about an hour and I could feel the shape of the seat of the kiddie chair indented on my butt towards the end of the session (we sat on the front row and the projector screen was about four feet away from my nose). Someone asked if being in the boonies kindie guarantees entrance to the boonies primary school (in the same group) and the principal said no and for any category 2 kids (can speak Cantonese and can survive in the local school system in terms of language skill), the chance of school interview is next to nothing. I secretly hope that the question was asked by the Ferrari owner......

No comments:

Post a Comment