Tuesday 12 January 2010

A new year resolution

I know I'm slow to talk about new year resolution in the second week but hey! It's better be late than sorry.

It all started with a wonderful galette des rois that my french colleague shared with us. He told us about the history and brought two galette to demonstrate the difference in different region. That got me into my Chinese mode and I want to cook according to the twenty four dates in the Chinese Lunar calendar (二十四氣節). There's already certain things that you eat according to traditions but that also means the use of some medicinal herbs that isn't that easy to find/handle. So, my to do list this year

- study the lunar calendar and get a better understanding of how it works and what it means

- study the 本草綱目 to learn about the characteristic of food/herbs and the effect on human

- come up with a menu for each day and try to cook at least some of the dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment