Sunday 13 February 2011

Four is no ordinary number

Number theory taught me six is the first perfect number because 1x2x3 = 6 and 1+2+3=6. As a mother, each number means something special and unique. In Feb 2011, I have "FOUR".

Changunnie, now that you are four (and a big girl as you said), I hope you will remember the following and I hope they will be useful for you in navigating through the ups and downs in life. Here's my FOUR for you

For better or worse - What exactly does it mean when people say it? To settle for the lesser? Be grateful that your situation isn't the worst? To me, it means no matter how bad the situation is, you will get over it. Your fate is in your hands and your attitude determines your action which determines the consequence. I will either be there for you or when you are older and I am not there physically, you can still download a pile of notes from me. Use your common sense, have faith in yourself and you will be fine. Trust me, you will have a smile when you look back on seemingly awful situation so long as you keep your faith and don't loose your cool.

Omnivores - Yes, be an omnivores. There are so many cliche diets on what's good and what's not for your health. In the time of Mama's grandparents, they ate lard over rice in good times and bark when they were running away from the Japanese. My grandfather lived to the ripe old age of 97. The key is balance. Do not discard any food group from your diet and of course, do not touch contaminated food. Do not chuck the egg yolk (you need that for your eyes and brain), eat a healthy amount of fat (for your skin and hair, and to protect the internal organs and your nerves) and a good chunk of veg and fruit every day (for the vitamins and the fibres to clean your AC).

Understand who you are and learn to be humble. No one is perfect and thus don't be full of yourself no matter how good you are in some area. Being an a&& do you no good. However, learn to identify one and be able to deal with them as there are tons of them around.

Respect the others. You should respect people who work hard and are honest. It doesn't mean you should agree with them all the time (this is going to be another note) but you should respect them. In a world where people have very skewed world view, it is not easy to stick with one's principle. Also, it is only through respecting people that you will benefit from other people's wisdom. Be very nice to people who serve you at shops and restaurants. Working in the service industry is tough and at times horrible. You should appreciate the help from them.

Happy birthday and let me tell you why I love to kiss you.... because I fall in love deeper with you each time I kiss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment