Tuesday 19 May 2009

Rash rash!

When I see Changunnie suffering, no matter how "minor" it is according to the paediatrician, my heart bleeds. It is worst then having me chained to a wall, starving me for 7 days and having all my favourite food within my sight and yet just out of reach.

It's been an eventful two weeks (and thus my disappearance from writing anything). Changunnie got a flu from our maid (thankfully not swine flu!) and that turned into sinusitis. Changunnie was pretty good with the sudafed and panadol but it was a fight to feed her the antibiotis. In fact, she took the other medicine on her own (a little master of using the syringe) but it took 3 adults to pin her down to feed her antibiotics. She would have been an excellent revoluntionary as she kept her mouth shutted and I needed to pinche her nose to force her to breathe through her mouth. At one point, she shivered under a high fever and it was a night when no one got any sleep.

Now that the sinusitis is coming down, she is suffering from heat rash and another unknown one on her backside. I can tell from the way she scratched herself how itchy it must be. She doesn't want to put on any clothes and definitely no nappy. What can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment